Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists don't sync to Apple TV; Match enabled

I am a Match subscriber. Match is enabled on my iMac, iPhone, iPad, and my latest generation Apple TV. When I create, edit, update, and delete Playlists, that playlist information seems to stay sync'd on all devices EXCEPT the Apple TV. On the Apple TV, all cloud-based music is available but my playlists are not. Navigating to Playlists on the Apple TV presents only two playlists, "90's Music" and "Recently Added". I created neither of these Playlists although the contents are accurate. But where are my custom playlists ?

Again, everything works flawlessly on other devices.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 3:23 PM

4 replies

Dec 21, 2013 9:09 AM in response to paul ollier

I still have not found a solution for this. The only way to make my custom playlists accesible via Apple TV is to make sure that one of my OSX devices (iMac, MacBook) is active on the same network. The OSX device must be turned on and iTunes must be open. The AppleTV will then see the device and you can make use of the playlists.

It's a bit of a hassle though. The playlists should be accessible directly from AppleTV without needing additional devices online.

Playlists don't sync to Apple TV; Match enabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.