Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install buttons missing in App Store on iPhone 4 iOS 7

There are no buttons to install apps on iPhone 4. Resetting didn't help; neither did the minor updates like 7.0.3. The phone is not faulty either, the buttons were gone after the iOS 7 update. Is there a way to fix this?

User uploaded file

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 4:01 PM

14 replies

Dec 9, 2013 3:09 AM in response to viamorone

This is abit of daram, But try it, it might work. Plug your iPhone into the computer and Restore your iPhone back to a new Phone. Than try going back into the app store and try re-downloading the app that you want.

after it is working then Restore Your iPhone From backup.

Please Remeber to Back-up your iPhone before you do any of this. To make sure that you dont loose data that is on your iPhone.

iPhone tech,

Robbieeeee

Dec 31, 2013 2:14 PM in response to Kalsta

Hi,

How do you remove the age restrictions in iOS 7, please? I can't see any section that it might be in. I've got the same problem on my sister-in-law's iPad and I remember when I set up her Apple ID I kept having a problem where Apple kept saying she wasn't old enough to have an Apple ID (despite being 40!) so I wonder if it might be related to her problem with the download/buy buttons not being there (in the end I made her an Apple ID on a PC rather than the iPad).

Thanks

Jul 11, 2014 12:35 PM in response to viamorone

After reading Kalsta's comment, this is what I did to get it to work. The phone that was having this exact same issue had restrictions "on". I disabled restrictions and then all the apps were now showing the download icon. Re-enable restrictions and the download button stayed present. So all in all, disabling and re-enabling restrictions is what worked for me.

Hope this helps!

P.S. This was also a iPhone 4 that had the most recent version of iOS 7 installed as well.

Install buttons missing in App Store on iPhone 4 iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.