Skip navigation

When moving files onto my ipad2, itunes sometimes disconnects and reconnects my ipad at random.

130 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2013 4:36 PM by Alcadera RSS
Alcadera Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 26, 2013 4:36 PM

This happens no matter where i try to transfer the files towards; music library, images or any of my apps. This problem never happened until i had to update my iTunes in order to connect to my ipad with iOS7 on it, i had this problem before when i updated my itunes without quite entirely needing to, and i fixed the issue i had by reverting to an older version, weirdly enough. Now that i was forced to in order to continue to connect to my ipad at all, i have been having the same problem once again. The only weird thing is that it's completely randomised, i transfer files of identical sizes and it'l be fine with 4 transfers, then disconnect my ipad and reconnect it on the 5th file, then itl be fine for 2 more, then reconnect on another etc.

I used to think this may have been an issue with my usb connected external hard drives, however when i have them disconnected the problem still persists without any specific pattern. My windows is always kept up to date, as in the month or two that i've had this problem [wasn't specifically counting i will admit]  Windows had plenty of instances where it updated. I would think it is my hardware, but i couldn't imagine how that would be at random like this, nor how it was fixed earlier by switching to an older version of iTunes.

I realise that this isn't much information to go on, but after approximately two months of assuming my computer is to blame, i can't take any other conclusion than iTunes not being programmed to be compatible with something.

My setup is as follows:

AMD Phenom II 64-bit (4 CPUs), 3.2GHz

8GB RAM

OS: Windows 8.1 [i switched to 8.1 last week, long after the issue began]

I should also note, i usually connect my ipad via my front USB ports, but for the sake of trying everything i also connected it via the back in hopes of it being an issue with which USB type i was using. Sadly the issue persisted.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.