Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

refusing app update requests

My iMac shows first sign of being outdated!! Meaning, when I went to update the latest iMovie version now after upgrading to Mavericks, I find that the update will not download because my movie card is "not sufficient" for the new update. Okay, but how do I tell the app store that I don't want the update and to stop showing a red number one on my app icon, because I will not be updating that ap?

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 5:34 PM

Hopefully this still works!

http://osxdaily.com/2012/09/27/hide-software-updates-mac-app-store-os-x/

5 replies

Oct 26, 2013 5:53 PM in response to Dah•veed

Hi Dahveed: Thanks for the link. I couldn't get this to work. I control/clicked all over the update listing and including right on the update button, but couldn't get it to work. I did however notice at the bottom of the iMovie update page a list of customers comments and they mentioned my problem but spoke of it as if it were an software problem, not a true lacking in the sufficiency of the "movie card." Maybe they will fix this bug and I will indeed be able to update...though looking at the review so this iMovei update, I'm not sure I want to!

refusing app update requests

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.