Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just downloaded an audiobook from the iTunes Store. It is nowhere to be found on my iPad, and the iTunes Store tells me it has downloaded. Where could it be? It is not in music, more, audiobooks. There is no audiobooks under "more"??

I just downloaded an audiobook from iTunes Store and it is nowhere to be found on my iPad. iTunes store says it has been downloaded. It does not appear in Music/more/audiobooks, as there is no audiobook tab under "more." Where else could the audiobook be?? In addition, an audiobook that I previously purchased is missing. Help, please!

iPad, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 5:32 PM

18 replies

Oct 26, 2013 6:34 PM in response to frog2

iTunes is on the computer.....

On the top menu bar click on iTunes. Select Preferences from pull down menu. Click on General tab.

This shows a list of what is shown in iTunes. Make sure the box is checked for Audiobooks.

If you look at the left side of the iTunes screen, it should list in your Library:

Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, iTunes U, Audiobooks, Books, Apps

Hope that fixes it...

Nov 13, 2013 4:56 PM in response to Anthmay

Same here - sync to iTunes on my Mac shows the audiobooks I downloaded. I can even clear them from the ipad and resync - but they will not show up in iTunes on the iPad. Even created a playlist for the audiobook files on my Mac, and tried to sync that - it doesn't show up on the iPad.

And it even gets worse: I *can* sync old audiobooks purchased pre-iOS7, they will show up. But the ones purchased post-iOS7 don't, no matter what I do.

I think we have a genuine bug people. Apple needs to fix this.

Feb 22, 2014 8:45 AM in response to Cara28

I've been having this issue for months and always was able to access the purchased audiobook through a spotlight search, but it still annoyed me that they weren't showing up in the music app under audiobooks. I've had multiple discussions with iTunes tech support. They had me do many things but never what you suggested - and guess what?! Your processed worked! Awesome job figuring it out. A million thanks!

I just downloaded an audiobook from the iTunes Store. It is nowhere to be found on my iPad, and the iTunes Store tells me it has downloaded. Where could it be? It is not in music, more, audiobooks. There is no audiobooks under "more"??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.