Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't create a USB bootable Windows in Boot Camp Mavericks

In Lion I was able to modify the file info.plist in the Package of bootcamp...

</array>

<key>PreUSBBootSupportedModels</key>

<array>

removing the ''Pre''

</array>

<key>USBBootSupportedModels</key>

<array>

In Mavericks i try to remove it and bootcamp crash when i'm trying to start the program.

I also can't read or burn any CD or DVD except if its a real DVD Movie.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 5:41 PM

6 replies

Dec 14, 2013 12:35 AM in response to Azdak264

After searching the net for a solution, this is what i recommend.

Ensure that the usb drive is formatted BEFORE proceeding with the Boot Camp Assistant, and configured toMS-DOS (FAT-32). Ensure that the flash drive is completely "clean", with no contents on it.

As such, place the windows iso. file on the DESKTOP, as problems arise with mounting and whatnot when it is on the usb, and is plugged in.

TLDR; problems occur once the iso. file is mounted, so, ensure that the iso. file is on the desktop, not on the USB flashdrive itself.

I hope this could be of some service to you, thanks !

Jan 27, 2014 10:54 PM in response to Azdak264

Thank you for this. Unfortunantly Boot Camp Assistant still crashes. In the list or now USBSupportedDevices it lists out the models like this:

<key>USBBootSupportedModels</key>

<array>

<string>MacBook7,1</string>

<string>MacBookAir3,2</string>

<string>MacBookPro8,3</string>

<string>MacPro5,1</string>

<string>Macmini4,1</string>

<string>iMac12,2</string>

</array>

I have a MacbookPro8,2. Can I add it to the list or is it included? I have replaced my superdrive with a hard drive and only have an external CD drive now. Thanks in advance!

Jonathan

http://www.photojennette.com/austin

May 23, 2014 6:02 AM in response to Azdak264

Hi, I don't know if this is the correct place to write my question but it would look the same, except for the fact that I CAN create the USB with boot camp but it DOES NOT boot. I've tried choosing the boot device by pressing the alt key when turning on the computer but the USB isn't there. I've tried with different pendrives, with different sizes, with or without the compatibility software... it just ignores the USB... any other idea??

I'm using an iMac8,1 running Mavericks

Thank you very much for reading

P.S. what I get after boot camp attempts to restart the computer is that "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key" message. I can't read DVDs, my unit doesn't work

I can't create a USB bootable Windows in Boot Camp Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.