Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to install iWork '13 and keep iWork '09 running too?

Everyone is saying how 'dumbed down' the new versions of Keynote, Numbers and Pages are...is there a way to test out the new programs without overriding the '09 versions? If I open up the App Store it just says I need to update and I fear this will wipe out iWork '09 completely but I read somewhere it was possible to have both...?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 6:17 PM

When you download the new iWork IOS versions, the previous versions of iWork applications go into a folder in you Applications Folder called, "iWork '09". To keep using the old versions with your old files, first start the old applications and then open the file from within the program. If you double-click your old files they will be opened (and converted) to work with the new applications....and won't be open-able by your old applications afterward.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2013 6:17 PM in response to marikit

When you download the new iWork IOS versions, the previous versions of iWork applications go into a folder in you Applications Folder called, "iWork '09". To keep using the old versions with your old files, first start the old applications and then open the file from within the program. If you double-click your old files they will be opened (and converted) to work with the new applications....and won't be open-able by your old applications afterward.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.