Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s fingerprint sensor not working

I have a brand new 5 day old 5s and the fingerprint sensor stops working between 24-48 hrs. I've reset it three times so far. I saw that other people are having the same problem so I figure it's a software issue or something?? I don't know, I'm definitely no techy. I wander If Apple will fix this issue, or is it a problem with the phones and they need to fix the problem and give us working phones. As said in the other discussion I was in, these phones cost a lot of money, and definitely should work, or Apple should fix the problem. Does anyone know how apple’s customer service is? By the way, this is actually the second phone I have. The first one worked at first, then within two days it wouldn't work on the verizon network, although it showed full bars and LTE. It worked on WIFI, but with top level support they had no idea what the problem was??? They told me I had two options, one was to pay another $200, wait for the back ordered new phone, then when I got the new one I would send back the bad phone and when they received it, I would get the credit for the $200. The other was to have a refurbished phone overnighted, which is what I chose, due to the fact the phones so new the replacement is probably new anyway. The main thing is verizon customer service is horrible, they have no sympathy, and try to charge extra money, instead of taking care of a long term customer with a small discount. I'm still being over charged, I gave up the fight after 4 hours of being on the phone.

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 5:45 PM

9 replies

Iphone 5s fingerprint sensor not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.