Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8 Bootcamp Startup Times

I'm looking to get the new (late 2013) iMac with the fusion drive and everything else maxed out...ie. ram, video card, processor etc. I'd be using Bootcamp quite frequently to make music in FL Studio and I'm wondering what your guys's experience with Windows 8 & Bootcamp start up times are like. I've read some stuff online about BIOS and how starting up Windows in Boot Camp isn't quite the same as starting it up in actual Windows on a PC.

So how long does it take for Windows 8 to start up in Boot Camp? How long does it take to restart back into OSX? What are the shut down times like when in Windows? I know with the new iMac w/ the fusion drive start up times are around 13 seconds. Would it be close to the same with Windows 8 & Bootcamp? It would seriously be so helpful if someone with an iMac could answer these questions with some rough times, but any insight from any other mac users who have used Bootcamp with Windows 8 would be extremely appreciated 🙂

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 6:38 PM

2 replies

Oct 30, 2013 10:49 AM in response to Ian Amador

Well, I dont know about the Fusion Drive, but my new rMBP takes about 10-15 seconds to boot up to both Mac and/or Windows 8.1. It boots up really fast. But then again I have the PCIe SSD and not the fusion drive.

If I am in Mac and restart to Windows. It takes about 15-18 seconds to shutdown and restart to Windows (all the way to the Desktop) and vice versa

Hope this helps.

Windows 8 Bootcamp Startup Times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.