Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text message badge won't go away

Hey all, I have an unread text message badge showing up on my message app but I have no unread messages.

Basically I deleted an entire conversation with a friend, and he texts me a couple of hours later. I read the message but when I close the message app the message auto deletes (as in my conversation with him is empty again). The badge is still showing that I have an unread message but there is literally no message to be read. I found it in the notification center and deleted it from there, did nothing. I have hard reset the phone, reset settings / network settings, nothing works.

Anyone know a solution outside of factory reset? Do I have to delete every single conversation (there's a lot so I hope not).

This is obviously a bug with deleting conversations and it's pretty irritating :/

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 7:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2015 3:03 PM

[POSSIBLE FIX]

simply ask SIRI "read messages"

she finds the messages that you can't physically see since the message never really appeared but is still there.

6 replies

Oct 29, 2013 8:41 AM in response to khizzle

Hey there khizzle,

It sounds like you have an unread message badge that, no matter what you do, will not go away.

You did some great troubleshooting, and short of backing up and restoring your phone to iTunes, I would next quit the open apps on the phone:

iOS: Force an app to close

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137

1. Double-click the Home button.
  2. Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.
  3. Swipe the app's preview up to close it.

When you have done that, I next restart the phone and see how the messages app looks.

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

text message badge won't go away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.