Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages won't print in landscape?

I just upgraded to the latest version of Pages for iOS, and it seems I have lost the ability to print in landscape. Even if the document itself is in landscape orientation it still prints in portrait. In fact, documents that are in landscape orientation that printed just fine last week now print in portrait as well. Same documents, same printer, the only change is the Pages upgrade. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2017 2:22 PM

Bingo! Apparently if you save a "preset" (I had one for "Black and White"), that preset INCLUDES the page orientation, even though the print dialog has NO way to edit the page orientation.

This is a stupid bug.

34 replies

Feb 7, 2018 6:03 AM in response to Alexandre Lollini

For Numbers... (essentially the same process I believe the previous answer took)

1. I set up the print options to landscape (Command-P, then change to landscape at top right, then click "Done", not "Print"),
  2. Exported to PDF (File >>> Export To >>> PDF... from menus),
  3. Opened that pdf up in Preview, where it was shown rotated "on its end", so to speak.
  4. Profited.

I guess that actually printed in portrait, but it was rotated in the pdf, so everything worked out.

No, not a great bug at all. Or at least it's failed UX.

Nov 14, 2017 2:24 AM in response to James Dwyer

Having this problem for the first time. It happend since the upgrade to MacOS 10.13. Printers are Ricoh, (several types of PostScript Printers). A new install of the printer driver (PPD) works, but only until shutting down the macs. When restarting the Macs the problem is back : Pages doesn't print landscape anymore.

And… we only work with Pages ( By the way : Fantastic software!… but not this problem!)

Dec 10, 2017 7:25 PM in response to Charlie Evans

on my iMac I have just got this problem with Calendar which has stopped printing in landscape. This has only happened since upgrading to 10.13.1. Also the orientation choice seems to have disappeared from the "print" page. After pressing "continue", a message about "calculating layout" flashes across the screen. This is rather infuriating and stops one distributing a hard copy of busy diary days.

Dec 11, 2017 6:20 PM in response to Charlie Evans

For the past two weeks, I have had the same problem. I just updated to OS 10.13.2 and it is still not fixed. I delete my printers, then re-install and it is fine if I do not touch the document. But if I play with the document (change font, spacing, line spacing etc) it goes back to Portrait and in order to print, I again have to delete and re-install printers. My Canon inkjet has the same problem as my HP printer.

Please fix.

Jan 12, 2018 12:09 PM in response to sinnabor

Thank you!! I have been frustrated and using Word as a "work around" for this issue, which is not ideal for the things I'm working on and have searched and searched for hours trying to figure this out! You have literally made my week! It is a stupid bug. I don't know how these community support pages work but I feel like your answer should be bumped to the top and shouted from mountain tops to help people like me who have invested (read: wasted) hours trying to figure this out. Thank you 1 million times!

Jan 20, 2018 3:59 PM in response to kathyfromfrisco

Here's what Sinnabor posted a while back and it completely fixed this same problem I was having. Hopefully that's all it is for you!

"Bingo! Apparently if you save a "preset" (I had one for "Black and White"), that preset INCLUDES the page orientation, even though the print dialog has NO way to edit the page orientation.

This is a stupid bug."

In other words, switch your print setting to "default". 🙂

Good luck!

Jan 24, 2018 2:38 AM in response to Charlie Evans

There is a problem with Pages and Numbers MacOS 10.13.2 Numbers 4.3.1 Pages 6.3.1

The printing dialog (final) does NOT show the landscape or portrait orientation choice.

Preview.app has the orientation choice.

When changing to landscape in the pre-printing preview mode of Numbers or in Pages when you create a landscape document, all will be wrongly printed in portrait cutting the side; bogus.

Feb 1, 2018 8:55 AM in response to Charlie Evans

Very frustrating. I couldn't make any of the other suggestions work so what FINALLY worked for me was to take the calendar view I wanted, export (I put mine on my desktop), open that exported calendar, it came up in landscape and then came up in landscape in print. So I now have my landscape print job. What a work around that was. Not sure why things changed in the print program but now adds way more work to s simple print job.

Pages won't print in landscape?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.