Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having issues getting Apple TV to connect to comcast wifi. Sees the router' enter password and says unable to connect. Router connected to iPad and pcs with no issues..., thoughts?

At a loss. Have comcast wifi. No issues connecting to iPad and laptop. However, when I try to connect iPhone 5 with OS 7 or applets with latest software I get unable to connect message. I can get the iPhone to connect if right next to modem, but unable to connect one room away. iPads have no issues and connect from any room.

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 8:04 PM

1 reply

Oct 29, 2013 2:50 PM in response to Tvsteven

Hello Tvsteven,

Thank you for providing all the details regarding the Wi-Fi connection issue you are experiencing with your Apple TV. I found an article with some steps you can take to troubleshoot an issue like this.

I recommend reviewing the full article, but the section titled "If you can see your Wi-Fi network, but you are unable to connect to it" specifically stands out to me for the situation you described:

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4546

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Having issues getting Apple TV to connect to comcast wifi. Sees the router' enter password and says unable to connect. Router connected to iPad and pcs with no issues..., thoughts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.