Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updates Apple TV and ipad won't wake mac

Since the latest update to Maverick and new itunes and Apple TV software neither my ipad or Apple TV will load my library from itunes. I have to go to the imac and wake it myself. Home sharing is on, I have done a hard reset of my time capsule, reset my Apple TV, restarted the imac, checked network settings to make sure my router is listed and at the top of the list. Airport utility is signed in to my Apple ID. Is there anything I am missing? This only started since the updates.

Posted on Oct 26, 2013 8:56 PM

4 replies

Oct 29, 2013 10:13 AM in response to John ONeill1

Hello John,

Thank you so much for providing the details of the issue you are experiencing with accessing iTunes through your Apple TV and iPad. You have taken some really good steps to help isolate and troubleshoot the issue.

One additional thing that is important to check is if "Wake for network access" is enabled in System Preferences>Energy Saver. This will allow your iMac to wake from sleep when your Apple TV or iPad is trying to access it through the network.

You can find out more about this feature and other Energy Saver preferences in the following link:

OS X Mavericks: Energy Saver preferences

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH13787

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

After updates Apple TV and ipad won't wake mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.