Same problem here. At least I'm not alone.
My ATV2 is working ok but the ATV3 that we gave to my mother-in-law is having this problem. I've already tried:
- installing it in my home using my wifi
- restoring the ATV3 to the factory settings. It downloaded the most recent version
- changed ATV resolution to 720p
Still the problem is appearing. Any suggestions? Thanks
Apparently I was able to solve this problem. I finally got in touch with Netflix's local support number here in Brazil and they did a couple steps to see if it I could fix it from here.
- Disconnect the power cord on AppleTV and my modem
- Wait for 30 seconds
- Connect everything again and wait to load
I then put on a movie I'd recently tried to watch and the problem didn't happen again. The attendant told me that in case it happens again they have other steps for me to take. Let's hope it ends here.
For Brazilian users, I found they're numbers here: http://netflixatende.blogspot.com.br/p/suporte.html?m=1
It's kind of stupid that you can't find these numbers on they're website, otherwise I wouldn't have waited so long to call.