Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App store error: [newNullResponse]

After upgrading my MacBook Pro to Mavericks (OSX 10.9) and after starting the App store > Updates icon I am getting a message inside the App store window:

Your request produced an error.

[newNullResponse]

When clicking to other icons, the App store gets stack on the message:

Connecting to the iTunes Store. Loading ... To use the Mac App Store, you need Mac OS 10.6.6 or greater.

Also, I cannot sign in to App store via Store menu > Sign in dialog - it hangs on trying to verify the the password. Or, if I try to create a new account it goes back to "Loading ... " message.

iTunes works with no problems as well as App store on my other computer with Mountain Lion and on my iPhone - so my app store account is OK. Time/date/time zone is correct, Keychain has no errors, certificates seems OK (all set to default) Internet connection is OK, Safari cache cleared, ...

any ideas?

Alex

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 1:25 AM

13 replies

Nov 13, 2013 6:31 AM in response to joshfromowingsmills

Worked for me finally, here's what I did (taking into account previous posters, but changing slightly):

1) Quit App Store

2) Go to Activity Monitor (Utilites Folder), and search for "store". You need to Force Quit the following:
A) com.apple.appstore.Plugin..., then select Quit, then select FORCE QUIT
B) storeagent, then select Quit, then select FORCE QUIT

3) Go to Terminal (Utilities Folder), and type:

rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.appstore.plist

press enter

rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.storeagent.plist

press enter

rm -rf ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/*

press enter

4) Open App Store, you're done!

Dec 22, 2013 3:46 AM in response to joshfromowingsmills

BIG THANKS @joshfromowingsmills!!!

I have been dealing with this problem since I first run the Mac App Store. I could never get it work on my MacBook Pro, but when we all updated to Mavericks it become like **** because Software Update no longer worked by itself but trough App Store, so I haven't been able to update anything since now.

Thanks, now my App Store is working OK.

Meery Christmas, you've shown on the exact moment!

Dec 28, 2013 12:46 PM in response to joshfromowingsmills

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I followed all the steps (both preference files weren't even present)

but your solution didn't work for me.

The App Store still shows the same behaviour.

It still assumes that my mbp runs an osx below 10.6.6 - when it actually runs 10.9.1.

It still tells me to manually start iTunes - which doesn't help at all.

And yes, my Apple ID works everywhere even in App Stores on other people's computers.

I you have any suggestions I would be very happy.

keingeld

Jul 23, 2014 2:16 AM in response to joshfromowingsmills

Brilliant! Not only did this solve the problem you describe, but it also fixed an issue I was having trying to upgrade several 10.6.8 workstations that stubbornly would not see the App Store and therefore could not download Mavericks. I did the same on the 10.6.8 machines and they could all see the App Store. Well Done! I had been searching the forums for days looking for a solution :-)

App store error: [newNullResponse]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.