Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Destination - duplicate source folder structure?

I have a long folder list of iMovie events that are in an Apple Intermediate codec. I would like to convert them all to something like Pro22, but if I overwrite the source file during conversion it fries the audio.

Is there a way to create a destination that recreates the source's folder structure? I could then batch the whole thing and end up with a second "copy" of the structure with the converted files.

Tia,

Bill

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 5:19 AM

4 replies

Oct 27, 2013 6:58 AM in response to Russ H

iMovie is the latest, v10.

I don't even really use iMovie, I just started using it a handful of years ago to organize my clips. I find it easier to scroll through the events in iMovie rather than a folder structure in finder.

The ball that got all of this rolling was Plex: I began implementing it earlier this week and realized that (a) I have movie clips all over the place and (b) a lot of my earlier clips in my iMovie library are showing an "Apple Intermediate" codec that is preventing them from playing.

My plan was/is to convert all of those files to something more common and then lay them back over the originals after conversion. I could either do one event folder at a time ( which would be quite time consuming ) or have compressor somehow duplicate the source folder names to a destination so I could just copy/paste the entire finished structure back to the source.

Oct 27, 2013 7:23 AM in response to bunger

Thanks for clarifying.

My initial reaction was that Compressor shouldn't be over-wrting the original file; it should be adding the PR422 file to the source fiolder. But perhaps there is somethng different about the iMovie structure that would cause this behavior.

I haven't yet worked with Mavericks and what I know about the new iMovie comes from reading a FCP.co thread …so I hope someone who has some first hand experience with the new app and the OS will chime in. I'm very interested in what they might have to say. (Also, you might post on the iMovie forum and see what insights they can offer.)

Good luck.

Russ

Oct 27, 2013 8:04 AM in response to Russ H

It isn't really an iMovie-specific question/issue. I just need to determine a way to have compressor dump the converted batches to a different destination containing the same source folder names. Ie:

SOURCE:

Event

- running around

Run1.mov

- playing around

Playing1.mov

DESTINATION

converted

- Event

- running around

Run1.mov

- playing around

Playing1.mov

Destination - duplicate source folder structure?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.