Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks slow window drawing speeds?

I went to Maverick for the Calender - which Is a bit better - but not yet done - but the cost of a new celender is a very fast, 6 core, 48gig RAM SSD computer that opens windows veeeeeeery slowly. Addiitonally and i suspect related - you will freeze Mail every time you toss an attachment to it - UNLESS it is zipped for some reason.

Lastly the computer will not turn off or restart - i have ot Force kil it every time.

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 6:42 AM

3 replies

Dec 8, 2013 11:58 PM in response to Arthur Bell

Arthur Bell wrote:

I went to Maverick for the Calender - which Is a bit better - but not yet done - but the cost of a new celender is a very fast, 6 core, 48gig RAM SSD computer that opens windows veeeeeeery slowly. Addiitonally and i suspect related - you will freeze Mail every time you toss an attachment to it - UNLESS it is zipped for some reason.

Lastly the computer will not turn off or restart - i have ot Force kil it every time.

You problem could be due to hardware issues or software conflicts or just a bad install. Backup your data and reinstall Mavericks by holding down Command+R and choosing Internet Recovery. It should not lose any data, but as I said, back up just in case. It that doesn't work, then other troubleshooting methods can be implemented.

Pete

Mavericks slow window drawing speeds?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.