Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot add photos/videos to IPhoto from my email.

After updating to Maverick I can no longer drag my email photos and videos to I Photo. What do I do?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 7:42 AM

10 replies

Jul 24, 2014 1:37 PM in response to amodra

I have the same problem since Maverick. The solution of dragging the photo into the iPhoto icon in the dock is not a very good solution--it is time consuming and the photo on top of the icon makes it hard to see if you have the right icon or not.

With Moutain Lion I could just click on a box and transfer it to iPhoto--is there any way of getting this again? Mail is Version 7.3 (1878.6), Maverick 10.9.4.

Thanks for any assistance with this.

Jul 24, 2014 4:33 PM in response to whiskey sour

whiskey sour wrote:

I have the same problem since Maverick. The solution of dragging the photo into the iPhoto icon in the dock is not a very good solution--it is time consuming and the photo on top of the icon makes it hard to see if you have the right icon or not.

With Moutain Lion I could just click on a box and transfer it to iPhoto--is there any way of getting this again? Mail is Version 7.3 (1878.6), Maverick 10.9.4.

Thanks for any assistance with this.

I don’t have any problem dragging photos from Mail to iPhoto (no movies to try).

Same OS and Mail versions.

Does yours not work, or are you looking for some other method?

I cannot add photos/videos to IPhoto from my email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.