Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

importing render files

hello,

i've been having a hard time burning a dvd that looks as good as it does when i watch it in my final cut pro preview canvas. i've tried everything but to no avail.

i was told that a way around my problem may be to swerve compressor and import render files directly into dvdsp, not actually exporting from final cut into compressor or quicktime. does anybody have a clue how i'd do this? the only render files i can find are random bits of my movie, not the whole thing in its entirety. any help would be gold.

mac book pro

Posted on Jul 5, 2006 10:15 PM

3 replies

Jul 6, 2006 5:12 AM in response to pete_schnapps

i've been having a hard time burning a dvd that looks as good as it does when i watch it in my final cut pro preview canvas. i've tried everything but to no avail.

There are many things that change in the process and what can make things look good or bad. How are you monitoring the FCP? Are you viewing the canvas on a broadcast monitor or computer screen? There can/will be brightness/contrast changes depending on how this is done (the computer screen may look "richer" than the final DVD)

What other things are you seeing that does not look as good? Blocking? Jaggies? etc.? More details can help narrow it down. Also in general it is better to encode outside of DVD SP, use a self contained movie from FCP.

Take a look for general encoding here
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=2212949&#2212949

Jul 6, 2006 6:10 AM in response to Drew13

basically cartain parts of the video appear blocky when viewed on a dvd player. on the computer they look fine. i've been speaking to apple all week and made numerous posts on these discussion boards, but to no avail. when i export the problem shots to compressor and then burn them in dvdsp they turn out ok. when they are with the rest of the project things turn foul. i've heard that bypassing compressor may be an option but i'm not sure which files to import?

Jul 6, 2006 7:18 AM in response to pete_schnapps

Peter

What settings are you using?

It looks like you narrowed it down from the other thread - to confirm, when you encode the problem sections and burn to a DVD and play it is not blocky?

If so, one quick way to take care of this is section the video. Encode the problems sections seperately the place them on the timeline in order - are you using different settings for the individual pieces when running the test encodes? In other words if you can get the footage looking well when segmented out for the problem areas, applying the same settings should not change the outcome for the total video (for the most part)

importing render files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.