Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes can't sync contacts any more when using OS Mavericks

Hi all,

I just thought I don't get it.

Now using Mavericks, I am no longer allowed/able to sync my contacts and even calendar via iTunes. I need to use iCloud.

What do you think of this? iCloud is quite nice for certain things like music or maybe Calendar, but to have my Contacts in iCloud I don't like.

At least I would like to have the choice how to sync (iCloud or iTunes like before). But only iCloud???

My concern is data security ... Maybe I should start again knowing all contact numbers by heart like I did many years ago when mobile phones

were not that common. That's brain training, too ;-)

Cheers

iPhone 5, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 9:04 AM

2 replies

Nov 5, 2013 12:47 AM in response to Donot Haveone

I reverted to Mountain Lion successfully, whew!, using these instructions*, and will use the time until this systemc is no longer viable to find another solution--keep giving apple heck & hope for change, investigate 3rd party solutions, crawl under rock with pen and paper....

*https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5468778?answerId=23645019022#23645019022 (solution is on page 6 of this thread)

iTunes can't sync contacts any more when using OS Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.