Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IS THERE A WAY TO DELETE A PURCHASE FROM IBOOKS FROM THE LIBRARY AND ICLOUD, OR AT LEAST A WAY TO HIDE WHAT YOU'VE PURCHASED IN THIS NEW APP?

Dear Apple, my name is Jack, and I recently upgraded my computer to the new OSX 10.9, which included among many other apps the iBooks one, in this new iBooks app for Mac I accidentally downloaded by mistake a sort of obscene japanese comic book, since the moment that this happened I've been trying to remove this content from my iBooks library, which is being impossible due to the fact that even if a successfully delete the book with the backspace key it still appears but with an iCloud symbol, and if I go to my iCloud settings theres no options to stop iBooks form sharing this on iCloud for there is no "iBooks" option on iCloud settings, I even followed a Tutorial on the apple web page about hiding your purchases that explains how to, but in this new version of iTunes there is no such option as "connect" under the Store menu of iTunes, or even if I make my way to my iTunes purchases this new iBook purchases does not appear. I just want to be able to open my new iBooks app without having to see this obscene japanese comic book all over the app. My request is for you people to add an option to completely remove books from the library and from iCloud, please, so far these new OSX was amazing and this is the very first time I have something to complain about.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 10:27 AM

8 replies

Dec 27, 2013 7:08 PM in response to Carrigan13

I Hate to be a johnny raincloud, but I'm pretty sure all this does is Hide the purchases.

I've been trying to find a solution to this bug as well.

To see the books you think you deleted in the steps above,

In ibooks, click on featured at the top,

account on the right

then look in "itunes in the cloud", hidden purchases, click "manage" at the right

hello there they are.

Oct 28, 2013 9:33 AM in response to Carrigan13

Well as a matter of fact, I already found the solution. The option is a little bit hidden, and this will remove your purchases completely from the library and iCloud. What you have to do is this: 1.- Open iBooks app, and the first thing you will get it's your library, then at the top left corner of the window click on iBooks Store. Once iBooks store is open you will have four options at the top: "Featured", "Top Charts", "Categories" and "Top Authors", you have to click on "Featured" or "Categories" it's the same but you have to be on any of those two.

2.- Once you are in "Featured" or "Categories" at the right side of the window there's going to be your email address that you use as your apple id, and in "Categories" you will see at the right side the topic "All Categories" and bellow that you will see your email address again. Doesn't matter if you are on categories or featured the option bellow your apple id is going to be QUICK LINKS, and bellow that there's gonna be four options: Account. Purchased, Redeem and Support. Click on Purchased.

3.-Once you clicked on purchased and the Purchased window is open you will see in the middle of the window two options : "All" and "Not in my Library", click on "All", then you will have all your purchases, there you will only have to put the cursor on the book you want to completely delete, but without clicking on it, just putting the cursor in the book and a black cross will appear at the top left corner of the book, click on the cross, if it ask you are sure you want to hide or delete the content just click the affirmative option.

4.- In the top left corner click library again, once in your library you have to find the options that are at the very top of your screen, the ones that are in the same bar as your computer name, date and time, volume and in the case of macbooks the wifi signal and the battery. Those options are: iBooks, File, Edit, View, Go, Store, Window and Help. Click on "View" , when you get all the options of "View" you'll have to find the one that says "Show Purchases in iCloud" and most likely would have a check mark, if it does not have a check mark close it and skip to step 5, if it does have a check mark just click on this option so the check mark disappears.

5.- Last step. Now you just have to close the app, completely, so go to your dock and give a secondary click on iBooks app and on the secondary click options click Quit. Just open iBooks again and there will be there no more.

Hope this is of some help to any of you, and sorry if this was tricky or if I'm not very good at explaining. I figured this by myself so if any of you does not get this explanation just send me an email, I'll be happy to help you with it.

<Email Edited By Host>

Feb 7, 2015 4:05 AM in response to Carrigan13

Hi I had the same problem. I switched off Cloud, I don't want cloud saving anything that I can't delete. Go to iTunes site on your main computer, and in the top right corner click in your account, then click purchases, and then in the top right corner click books. A list of your books will pop up, you can delete here, and then delete on your mini ipad. That worked for me.

Regards Brian

IS THERE A WAY TO DELETE A PURCHASE FROM IBOOKS FROM THE LIBRARY AND ICLOUD, OR AT LEAST A WAY TO HIDE WHAT YOU'VE PURCHASED IN THIS NEW APP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.