Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How delete a phone off my itunes account so it can be added to a new account?

How can I delete a phone off my itunes account so the phone can be added to a new itunes account just set up.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 1:04 PM

Hey steelvol,

It sounds like you want to learn how to go about removing an associated device from an Apple ID. You can do so by following these directions:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID by choosing Store > Sign In from the iTunes menu.
  3. Choose Store > View My Account from the iTunes menu.
  4. From the Account Information screen, click Manage Devices.
  5. Click the Remove button next to the device name you would like to unassociate.

via: iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4627

Best,

Delgadoh

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2013 1:04 PM in response to steelvol

Hey steelvol,

It sounds like you want to learn how to go about removing an associated device from an Apple ID. You can do so by following these directions:

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Sign in to your Apple ID by choosing Store > Sign In from the iTunes menu.
  3. Choose Store > View My Account from the iTunes menu.
  4. From the Account Information screen, click Manage Devices.
  5. Click the Remove button next to the device name you would like to unassociate.

via: iTunes Store: Associating a device or computer to your Apple ID

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4627

Best,

Delgadoh

Apr 12, 2014 1:00 AM in response to dedeluv21

I almost got my hopes up. And then I get the update software required. iCloud will only ever be available for those who maintain their gear with the latest operating systems, which pull at insecurites of the user suggesting that they are more secure etc. It's a pain in the butt when living in a developing country where a Software update will require a 6 to 8hr download and be successful only IF the connection retains its connectivity during that time.

We've bought the product, iMacs and iPhones, is that not enough? As it is I can't access any settings that allow me to desynchronize an iPhone from my iTunes Account. The novelty of using these systems and keeping up with the 'Smart' crowd is wearing very thin, the restrictions of the software manufacturer being anything but Smart in the first place...

How delete a phone off my itunes account so it can be added to a new account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.