Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to open itunes i get a box that says "itunes library.itl file locked on a locked disc or you do not have write permission for this file". what the heck is this and how do I fix it?

When I try to open iTunes get a box that says"iTunes library.itl file locked, on a locke disc or you do not have write permission for this file." how do I fix this?

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 11:45 AM

1 reply

Oct 29, 2013 7:17 AM in response to the1stpotada

Hey the1stpotada,

I would take a look at the recommended steps in this article and run through them to see if they help resolve the issue. Some of the steps may be slightly different depending on what operating system you're using:

iTunes for Windows XP: "Disk is locked" or "iTunes folder cannot be found" when installing or opening iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1866

Best,

Delgadoh

When I try to open itunes i get a box that says "itunes library.itl file locked on a locked disc or you do not have write permission for this file". what the heck is this and how do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.