Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD NOT STARTING. IT GOES FROM APPLE LOGO TO SEARCH WHEEL AND THEN BACK TO APPLE LOGO AND DOESN'T STOP.

I'VE HAD MY IPAD A LITTLE OVER A YEAR. IT NOW WONT START UP AND IM PAST MY WARRANTY. IT GOES BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN THE APPLE LOGO AND THE WAIT/SEARCH WHEEL. IT WONT DO ANYTHING ELSE. I CHARGE IT, BUT BECAUSE IT'S TRYING TO DO SOMETHING, IT BURNS OUT THE BATTERY LIFE. WHAT COULD THIS BE? I HAVE TRIED TO RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS, WITH NO SUCCESS. THIS IS THE THIRD APPLE PRODUCT MY FAMILY HAS PURCHASED, THAT BREAKS OR MALFUNCTIONS RIGHT AFTER THE YEAR WARRANTY. I WILL NEVER BUY AN APPLE PRODUCT AGAIN WITHOUT ADDED WARRANTIES, IF AT ALL. ALL THOUGH THE TECHNOLOGY IS GREAT, LET'S JUST SAY THAT I HAVE MY DOUBTS WHEN IT COMES TO THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS, THE COST OF SERVICE AND THE LENGTH OF THE WARRANTIES.

iPad

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 12:14 PM

You have tried to reset to factory settings without success, but have you tried restoring using recovery mode?

iOS: Unable to update or restore - Support - Apple

14 replies

Oct 27, 2013 12:35 PM in response to ChrisMartin75

Sometimes it can take a number of tries before recovery mode will work. You might also want to try another computer. Even if you totally erase the device by using another computer...if it brings the iPad back to life, that's better than having iPad that's just a brick. And if you have a backup, you can restore from the backup and sync your iTunes library back to the iPad after you get it running again.

Have you thought about making an appointment at an Apple Store and ask for their help as well?

Oct 27, 2013 1:10 PM in response to ChrisMartin75

Hopefully the USB port on your computer will keep the iPad charged until the restore completes. If your computer is relatively new, you should have enough power coming through the USB port to at least keep the power coming in as it is draining. What I mean is it might not be charging, but hopefully it is not draining either. Just keeping the iPad at the status quo with regard to battery power.

You should not be charged if you simply want to make an appointment to bring your iPad into an Apple Store. Was there an option to get past all of that support nonsense and just speak to a human being? Did you try my favorite trick and just dial 0?

IPAD NOT STARTING. IT GOES FROM APPLE LOGO TO SEARCH WHEEL AND THEN BACK TO APPLE LOGO AND DOESN'T STOP.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.