Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSD errors in 2012 MacBook Pro Retina

Several days after receiving the computer last year, I ran Disk Utilities Verify Disk and errors requiring repair were reported. I ran the repair procedure and all was well.

Since then, I've run Verify Disk every couple of weeks. A total of 4 times, errors requiring repair were reported. At the moment, the disk verifies OK.

I've never encountered errors this frequently using convention HDs. Is this something to worry about? By checking fairly frequently and repairing as indicated, am I likely to avoid serious data loss?

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 1:21 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 10:26 AM in response to Bill DeVille

I have the same problem and Apple is unable to fix the issue (2012 Retina MBP) for months. They keep claiming they will, they replace something, the problem is back after a few hours. After their latest repair my computer stopped operating completely. I have spent several 12 hours days making backups, restoring things, redoing stuff I did earlier, altogether I had to bring the computer for repair about 5 times. Now the person "assisting" tells me to call them to discuss what's next (I want them to replace the computer with one that works) but on the number he gives they refuse to connect me to him.

After months and lies from them my patience has run out, so I plan to collect more people who have the same issue and start a class action to get my money back and get reimbursed for the weeks of my life they have wasted. If you have similar SSD errors or never ending repairs and you are unable to use or trust your computer let me know.

SSD errors in 2012 MacBook Pro Retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.