Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

clock widget bug with Mavericks ?

Hello,

I've upgraded my MacBook Pro from snow Leopard to Mavericks without apparent problem. But now, the clock widget of the Dashboard panel looks strange 😕 . The needles appear small and shifted to the upper left of the clock (more or less above the "10" mark). Is there a way to reinstall the widget in order to fix this ?

Conversely, is it possible to uninstall some default widgets, like Ski, ESPN or FlightTracker ?

Thanks in advance for any idea.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 1:54 PM

3 replies

Oct 29, 2013 11:15 PM in response to braden85

Hi,

Deleting the widget-com.apple.worldclock.widget from the ~/Library/Preferences was the solution to the worldclock bug. I first thinked that this solution doesn't work because I have simply restarted my Mac instead of shutting it down completely. Shut down and new start give me a new and functionnal worldclock widget.

But I notice that the bug appeared on the two Mac Book Pro I've upgraded to Mavericks (one used previously Snow Leopard and the second Lion).

clock widget bug with Mavericks ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.