Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don't upgrade - So many bugs! A DISASTER!

I have been using OS X since its Snow Leopard version. Every time Apple lunches new OS I upgrade, and by far this OS X Mavericks upgrade has been the worst experience I've ever had - it's simply a disaster! SO MANY bugs! Seriously Apple? What's going on? Okay I know you made it free now but that doesn't mean your customers like to get screwed up by a product that hasn't even been tested! Because most of these bugs are simply too obvious and too easy to discover and should have been fixed in the Alpha/Beta phase!

I upgraded the OS on my Macbook Air 2010 and iMac late 2012, and I'm experiencing annoying and different kind of problems on both of my machines. To name a few:

- Launchpad stuck when I scroll.

- App Store keeps updating the same iWork apps (after I updated iWork apps, Software Update would prompt the same update).

- No 3 finger forward/back browsing in Finder.

- "Sort by - Snab to Grid" on desktop prevents you from positioning certain icons into a disired location.

- And many more...

I was "supprised" that the defective iOS 7 almost drove me crazy on my iPhone 4, and now this new OS X release again takes the bad exprerience into a whole new level. "Thank you", Apple!

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 2:14 PM

There are no replies.

Don't upgrade - So many bugs! A DISASTER!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.