Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari 6.1 cannot sign in to netflix

Getting too many redirects statement in Safari. Or I get Netflix's you need to enable cookies. Cookies are enabled and have also tried dumbing cookies and trying again. Having trouble at Amazon signing in, keeps asking me to sign in, but never end up signed in.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 2:13 PM

3 replies

Oct 27, 2013 7:35 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Removed all Website Data and emptied Safari cache, then restarted Safari. Problem still persists. What is strange is I sign into Amazon, can go to my orders, etc. but if I go to my Wish List it will ask me to sign in again, but will not see me as signed in and ask again. Netflix does either the enable cookies or safari gives me the too many redirects.

Dec 1, 2013 11:45 PM in response to bgmcf

Finally solved it. When I updated VirusBarrier X6 it set as default "Cookie Filter" even though cookies were not blocked in Safari preferences. When I unchecked this it solved my problems. It reminded me to always check things after an update. Unfortunately had just done a number of updates at one time when I upgraded to OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion and had not tested after each update, sloppy.

safari 6.1 cannot sign in to netflix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.