Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mavericks won't install

I have so far installed Mavericks on 2 iMacs, a MBA and an old Macbook Pro 2008.

But I cannot installed it on my mid 2011 macmini Server !

It won't install from the current OS, it complains "Mavericks cannot be installed on this computer"

I am ready to wipe the entire system to start with a clean install. So I have prepared a bootable 8 Gb USB key which I have successfully created with the following command:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction

It boots, but fails and then boot back to the current system.

I've been able to record the fast message appearing on the screen, here is an image of the movie:

User uploaded file

Any hint ? I cannot find any solution on the web.

Worth mentionning, I have not any RAID installation, the first disk is the system, the second the the Time Machine backup.

Thank you

Mac mini Server (Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5), runs Lion Server

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 2:14 PM

4 replies

Nov 16, 2013 6:26 AM in response to semiosys

Sorry...no answers. I am having a similar problem on a Mac Book Pro 2011 model with 500GB HD that is not being used for Time Machine backups. When I get to the window where you select the disk to install to, the only option I have is the Mac HD and it is greyed out. The following happens when I click on it:User uploaded file So, what are my options? I have verified and repaired Mac HD but it keeps doing the same thing. Does anyone have a fix?

Nov 16, 2013 6:32 AM in response to Kiwipav

I finally managed to install Maverick. It turned out that the issue was the USB Key. I ran again the installation process on the very same USB Key and ... it worked

The cause of the boot failure was probably either the USB Key iether the applciation script.

(sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app --nointeraction)

mavericks won't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.