Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with keychains on new software!

I just downloaded the newest software. And i set up my email last night. I didnt touch anything else. (Just bought this mac btw). When i turned it on this morning and logged in it started asking for a talagent wants to access my local items keychain password, a addressbooksourcesync wants to use the local items keychain, accountsd wants to use the local items keychain, calendar wants to use the local items keychain &messages agent wants to use the local items keychain. They require a password but i dont know this password. Can someone please help me disable this or something. These boxes wont go away and i need to use my mac!! Please and thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 3:03 PM

5 replies

Oct 29, 2013 5:37 AM in response to Brittlafs

I solved this issue by doing the following steps:

1.- Opening KeyChain app

2.- Locking the Keychain by clicking the lock on the top left corner.

3. -Unlocking the Keychain, as soon as I typed my Admin Passoword it asked me to "Reset my iCloud KeyChain" I clicked yes.

4.- Restart computer.

After performing this steps the computer restarted flawlessly and without asking for the "Local Items" password.

This link is where I got this info: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5467304

Need help with keychains on new software!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.