Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use iCloud with Aperture?

I want to synchronize the photos I shoot and load on my MacBook in Aperture to my desktop iMac. I've never used iCloud, but the setup instructions says this should work for Aperture users. The instructions say:

User uploaded file

"Open iPhoto or Aperture and click the Photo Stream icon in the left column. Then click Turn On Photo Stream."

Well, there is no Photo Stream icon in the left column or anywhere in my Aperture program. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.

Maria

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 3:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 3:31 PM

Maria, have you enabled Photo Stream in the System Preferences > iCloud tab and in Aperture's Preferences?

Does your Aperture version support iCloud? You need at least Aperture 3.2.3

See: iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

1. Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Photo Sharing.
  2. Turn on Photo Sharing in one of these applications:
    • iPhoto: Choose iPhoto > Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Photo Sharing.
    • Aperture: Choose Aperture > Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Photo Sharing.

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2013 3:31 PM in response to Maria Folsom

Maria, have you enabled Photo Stream in the System Preferences > iCloud tab and in Aperture's Preferences?

Does your Aperture version support iCloud? You need at least Aperture 3.2.3

See: iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

1. Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Photo Sharing.
  2. Turn on Photo Sharing in one of these applications:
    • iPhoto: Choose iPhoto > Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Photo Sharing.
    • Aperture: Choose Aperture > Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Photo Sharing.

Léonie

How do I use iCloud with Aperture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.