Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with App store after updating to Mavericks

I have just updated to Mavericks and now can't access the App store properly. I can access the iTunes store with my AppleID and download apps from there and somehow I managed to update iTunes and some printer software through the App store but I can't sign in to see my purchases and I can't purchase anything. I've tried deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist from the library as suggested somewhere else; I've restarted my Mac twice.

I don't much fancy trying to reinstall Mavericks as it took about 6 hours to download to start with (v slow broadband!) and presumably since I can't purchase anything from the App store I won't be able to do that anyway!

I really hope someone can help, particularly as I was wanting to purchase something which is only on offer until midnight!!

Thanks in anticipation...

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 3:29 PM

5 replies

Dec 18, 2013 3:10 AM in response to kath1968

SIgn off the Mac App store (if you were signed in with another Apple ID)

- Leave the Mac App store open

- Quit iTunes and iBooks if they are running

- Open Safari, and go to Preferences/Privacy

- Choose to block cookies "Always"

- Click on "details" under "Remove all website data ..."

- Search for apple.com; select the "apple.com" line then click "Remove", then click "Done"

- Quit Safari

- Open Activity Monitor (search for it using Spotlight or find it in the Applications/Utilities folder)

- In Activity Monitor, search for "storeagent". You should find "storeagent" and possibly "ibookstoreagent"

- Select each of them and force quit them (using the X in the toolbar if you are using Mavericks)

- In the Finder, go to the ~/Library/Cookies folder (go to ~/Library using the "Go" menu while pressing Alt then open the Cookies folder)

- Delete everything in the ~/Library/Cookies folder and empty the trash.

- Go to the Mac App Store and sign in. This should work. You can press Esc if asked for your username and password a second time.

- Go to Safari, then Preferences/Privacy

- Choose to block cookies "from third parties and advertisers"

- Go back to the Mac App Store. You should be able to use it "normally".

Problem with App store after updating to Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.