Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie not showing as an upgrade in the Mac App store?

Hi

I've upgraded to 10.9 over the weekend, and while my other iLife apps have shown as free upgrades, my iMovie isn't being recognised? I've tried restarting, quiting App Store, but still only showing a paid option.

Anyone know why this might be please?!

It's iMovie '08 - on 2012 MBP 2.4 i7. Thought maybe it was too old, but thought all 'legacy' apps were recognised?

Thanks!

Ben

iMovie '08, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 4:18 PM

3 replies

Oct 28, 2013 1:12 PM in response to Zerodeluxe

I'm having the same problem. My system is already set to English so that's not the problem. I have iMovie '09 installed on my systems and all the iLife applications have upgraded but iMovie is still showing as a $14.99 download. Any idea how to get the App Store to recognize that I have iMovie already installed? From my understanding, iMovie '09 qualifies for a free upgrade.

Thanks,

iMovie not showing as an upgrade in the Mac App store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.