Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Mavericks endless iCloud error message

Since the download I have been getting an error message every 2 seconds that my computer can not connect with iCloud. I am having no issue with iCloud just the error message. How do I make it stop?

Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 4:39 PM

Mavericks introduced iCloud Keychain. Did you set it up properly? My guess is that is the issue.

See:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14405

4 replies

Jul 11, 2014 9:12 PM in response to sberman

Well I'm glad this obscure document solved the problem for somebody, but it didn't do anything for me.

I followed the instructions, activated Keychain for both my Mac and my iPhone, but still every time I open up Mail.app those infernal pop-ups start again.

When I click "Later", this seems to be interpreted as five seconds later.

Any further clues for me?

Eric

Jul 12, 2014 3:26 AM in response to Eric T. Macknight

OK, here's my story:

I re-installed OS X using the re-install partition. When that was done, Mail.app still had a problem. I noticed that my email address was entered as "me.com" instead of "mac.com", but changing it did not seem to work. Then I saw that I had a bunch of old alias email addresses that I don't use anymore, so I deleted all of those, and after that I had a pull-down menu of email addresses to choose from. I chose the "mac.com" address. At first it didn't seem that anything was happening, but when I went back to Mail.app I saw that my mailboxes were being re-filled, slowly. This process continues as I write, but the problem seems to be solved. How, I'm not sure.

It is definitely maddening, however, when Mail says to delete the iCloud account from System Prefs and System Prefs says to delete it from Mail and that pop-up window keeps popping up repeatedly. I did not find this to be a user-friendly experience.

OSX Mavericks endless iCloud error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.