Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios file caching - audio loss in video

Hi,

I am having a strange but serious [meaning Priority One - product doesn't work] problem/bug. The app records and writes video using AVAssetWriter similar to the Camera app. Its is stored in the file system [allocated for the app - not camera roll] and the user is able to play back the video, including audio - works properly.

However, if the app is exited and relaunched and the video is opened again for playback, there is no audio, but the video plays correctly. Indeed a strange problem since the recorded video played back correctly with audio after the recording before exiting the app.

It seems like a weird problem and am wondering what kinda caching is done with the iOS file system and how to look into it and why this is impacting the audio buffer only - seems to me if there is anything else wrong, it should not have played back correctly the first time. I can't think of any good way to investigate or isolate the problem. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

RFS.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 5:31 PM

There are no replies.

ios file caching - audio loss in video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.