Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera issues

There's a problem with my iPhone 5 camera since I updated to iOS 7. Whenever I try to open the camera app, no matter if I try to take a picture or recording a video, the camera starts blinking with colourful bars across the screen. I thought it might just happen if I use the shortcut in control centre, but it happens all the time. I'm pretty sure this is a software problem since it never happened while using iOS 6. I got some screenshots to show, but I don't know how to upload them.

Thank you for reading this and trying to help me with this

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 5:36 PM

5 replies

Nov 8, 2013 10:56 AM in response to Cinturorion

No, leave it off. It is an accessibility helper that uses color boxes to help people with disabilities select things on the phone. That is the only thing close to what you are describing that I have seen.

As I said earlier, if you have already done all of the user troubleshooting, including a restore as new and it hasn't corrected the issue, then make an appointment at the Apple Genius bar to have the hardware checked.

Camera issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.