Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iMovie w/Mavericks: No Projects or Events

Installed Mavericks and the subsequent iMovie update.

Bad news: my iMovie events and projects do not appear in the new version of iMovie

Good news: The old version of iMovie is still present and works fine.

Any idea how to get the events and projects into the new version?

"File>Update Projects and Events" does not work; result is "iMovie could not find any projects or events to update".

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 9:04 PM

6 replies

Nov 5, 2013 7:40 PM in response to DanMartin

I have an issue along these lines. I updated to Imovie 10.0 and updated my projects and events. My problem is that the files themselves did not update but I can see everything just fine in the Imovie interface. I need to share the project file with a collegue who also has version 10.0 and it won't open because the file is only compatible with the old version. There don't seem to be any project files even when I start a new project either. I deleted that file listed above but the files themselves didn't update. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Feb 26, 2014 7:09 AM in response to kriskress

All: are you just looking for files from within iMovie? Where are your iMovie Event/Project folders in the Finder? (default user/Movies/iMovie...)

Did you do a Finder search for iMovie? Go to Finder/Find (not Spotlight) and search for Name>Contains>iMovie. Then click ONCE on a file that you couldn't find. At the bottom of the search window you will find the path (username>Movies>iMovie Events>youreventname> etc. etc.)

There's probably something that needs to be relinked to the new version of iMovie. I doubt that any files have been deleted; if they have, they will be in the Trash.

New iMovie w/Mavericks: No Projects or Events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.