Skip navigation

Song ranking sync problem - iOS 7 to OS X

250 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 28, 2013 7:25 AM by David Strait RSS
David Strait Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 27, 2013 9:26 PM

I use iTunes match on a desktop, laptop, iPad and iPhone. If I rate my songs (1-5 stars) on the computers, I can force a sync (store --> Update iTUnes Match) and the new song ratings seem to show up on the other devices. However, if I rate songs on my iPhone (OS 7), the new ratings don't seem to appear on the computers (even if I force the sync as described above). There doesn't seem to be a similar "force sync" in iOS 7 that is comparable to the OS X force sync. The only force sync I have found is to turn off iTunes match on the iPhone, then turn it back on. However, I then seem to loose the new ratings I added on my iPhone. This seems to only download the info from the cloud to the iPhone, rather than upload any new data (e.g. ratings) that I have on the iPhone.

Any ideas how to force a sync to iTunes match on the iPhone (or iPad) so the new song ratings are populated across all devices?

Thanks,

Dave

iPhone 5s, iOS 6, iOS 7

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.