Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error when trying to copy Library

Get this error message when attempting to copy an Aperture library: "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “2012” can’t be read or written. (Error code -36)" Other libraries duplicate easily, so not a RAM or system issue. Have done all three library first aid steps. What else can I try? Need to get this library onto my external as my internal is about full! Thanks for your help.

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 9:40 PM

3 replies

Nov 24, 2013 12:57 PM in response to léonie

Leonie-

Thanks for the suggestion but still get the same message after individually copying all subfolders as you instructed in my 2012 library to verify individually. I did find one currupted image which I deleted and was able to then copy its folder sucessfully. I've run all three first aid steps again. Not daisy chaining to the external (other library's copy fine anyway). Still get the same error message! Aaarrrgg.

Nov 24, 2013 2:03 PM in response to Roywil

Have you also checked, if the external drive is formatted correctly? MacOS X Extended (Journaled)? If not, make sure it has the same file system as your internal drive and reformat the external drive, if necessary. Set the "Ignore Ownership on this volume" flag, if it is not set.

This I don't understand:

Thanks for the suggestion but still get the same message after individually copying all subfolders as you instructed in my 2012 library to verify individually.

So you could copy all folders individually; then there is no need to copy the complete library again.

The idea is to copy all folders from your library individually to another folder on your external drive, in exactly the same folder structure as the original library.

Then this folder will contain your transferred Aperture library. The last step would be to rename the enclosing folder "ApertureLibrary2012.aplibrary" and double click it to open it in Aperture and test, if it is working.

-- Léonie

Error when trying to copy Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.