Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to save passwords without sleep password lock?

Is there a way to save passwords without sleep password lock? I want to use the saved passwords feature but I hate locking my computer when it goes to sleep. I only live with my family, no one is stealing my password when I am away at my desk. It doesn't need to be locked.

This is such a stupid restriction in Mavericks.

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 10:13 PM

13 replies

Oct 27, 2013 10:34 PM in response to aapl.crox

Oh, you must be talking about the new iCloud Keychain feature of Mavericks.

I'm talking about Safari's ability to Autofill user names and passwords, which does still work whether you use a password for sleep or not.

iCloud Keychain, which includes a bit more than Autofill does (e.g., credit card info) may well require a sleep password, as you have more to lose from improper access. So if you don't use iCloud Keychain, you can't save credit card numbers, but you could still autofill passwords and user names.

Nov 19, 2013 8:48 AM in response to sberman

sberman wrote:

Oh, you are trying to override a website that has asked the password not be saved. The website requested the browser not save the password, and you're trying to say "I don't care, save it anyway." I admit I've never tried that. But it does sound liek extra security is justified in that case.

What are you talking about? Safari specifically has an option to save the passwords for websites that asked not to be saved. The only problem is that this function only works if you lock your computer which makes no sense if you are living alone. ***

Is there a way to save passwords without sleep password lock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.