Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sophos Gone Awry After Mavericks

I discovered that a Sophos update wouldn't stop updating after Mavericks.

This is probably my fault, as I ran the update, however now after I started to remove Sophos, I'm unable to empty my trash that includes the Sophos program and multitudes of files/folders whatever Sophos updated over the last week non-stop.

I've tried typing rm -rf ~/.Trash/* [as I found on another question] into the Terminal [in Utilties], but this doesn't work either. I'm not sure what else to do to force emptyt trash.

Just a note on Sophos. It kept on updating and wouldn't stop updating. I would open the download screen and it never listed the amount of content left to update/download. As a result, Sophos pretty much ate up my ISP data for the remainder of the month - and I'm talking many gigabytes.

Advice to anyone considering Sophos.

Don't bother.

I also regret downloading Mavericks. I haven't noticed a difference, other than additional problems.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 11:17 PM

There are no replies.

Sophos Gone Awry After Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.