Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes v11+. Podcasts skip/jump during playback or do not download.

Since the iTunes v11 with the new format for displaying and interacting with podcasts, most or almost all podcasts that do successfully download are corrupted. They will skip, stop and jump to the next in the list, or play portions of another podcast in my list of podcasts. Or they will just not download and show an encircled ! in my list. This playback symptom is most acute on my iPod classic 160mb, but even on my iPhone 4 (showing more resilience to the symptoms) random skipping to the next podcast on my list occurs. I completely reset my iPod, no avail. ALL podcasts downloaded previous to this version operate cleanly.

A) The new interactivity with podcasts ***. If I highlight multiple podcasts to "mark as played" they get marked as played then unhighlighted so then I must reselect them all to delete them. This is a new feature. And don't even try to interact with podcasts if others are downloading, because they become unhighlighted as soon as a download of some other podcast is complete. I rate the new iTunes podcast interactivity a complete fail.

2) I cannot download iPhone app updates through iTunes. I receive the err=8008 on every app I try to update. I can successfully update my apps through iTunes Store on my phone. iTunes does not recognize that I have updated the app and continues to show me that I have apps that need updating.

Any suggestions on wth is going on with any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 (no I will not update, I got suckered in with my iPhone 3G to iOS 4. Never again.)

iTunes 11.1.2.32

Windows 7 Pro SP1

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 11:14 PM

32 replies

Jan 31, 2017 9:49 AM in response to mjguth

I haven't used automator much, could you give more detail on what should happen after you've saved the script?

I opened Calendar after following your instructions, but I don't see any new event or calendar.

I went back to Automator and pressed the Run button "Syntax Error : iTunes got an error: File permission error."

Any advice?

I verified + repaired disk permissions, then restarted, before trying this script.

Jan 31, 2017 9:56 AM in response to TUPhiPsi

I haven't used automator much, could you give more detail on what should happen after you've saved the script?

I opened Calendar after following your instructions, but I don't see any new event or calendar.

I went back to Automator and pressed the Run button "Syntax Error : iTunes got an error: File permission error."

Any advice?

I verified + repaired disk permissions, then restarted, before trying this script.

Feb 7, 2017 1:58 AM in response to hintcj

I have the same problem for years. Only solution is to download them first before listening. I'm getting more and more annoyed with apple lately. Only apps crashing on iPhone are the ones from apple, cant buy movies on appleTV because of the two factor sign in bug. The utter lack on innovation with new products (the new macbook pro is not worthy of the PRO name). It has come so far that i stopped recommending their products to family and friends.

Mar 22, 2017 9:56 PM in response to mjguth

I can't believe it's 2017 and this is STILL an issue. For this and SO many reasons I'm really losing faith in Apple actually making products that work even on a basic level. If only they could imagine the frustration this causes when just trying to listen to a b!@@dy podcast to relax, it kinda defeats the purpose of even having podcasts!

Very disappointed in Apple lately - how about they fix some fundamental things before smashing out heaps of new annoying features that we really don't want anyway 😐

Apr 15, 2014 10:53 AM in response to mjguth

I have the same problem playing podcasts. It skips to the next podcast a few minutes after one has begun. This pretty much makes the desktop tool useless. On the bright side I can see this problem has been going on for several months and no one at apple seems to think its worth following up on or responding to. I guess I'll be looking for a new tool to synch my podcasts with the desktop and track them.

Jul 2, 2015 3:59 AM in response to Fustanella

I'm also experiencing this, while playing podcasts on Itunes on the PC. Just random skipping ahead to the next podcast, whether it is streaming them or they are all downloaded / or subscribed or not , etc. Everything else is normal, as is the Podcasts app on Iphone. This is also now occuring in the brand new update June 2nd.

EDIT: I'll also add that the place where the podcast is playing is not lost, when playing again it picks up where it left off.

Aug 19, 2015 10:34 AM in response to mjguth

I'm also experiencing this regularly (often multiple times per episode), across multiple podcasts. Quite maddening since I use podcasts to stay sane during long work sessions. Apple, you seem to enjoy updating iTunes with great frequency (and often at the expense of some good UI): bug fix on this sooner, please?

iTunes 12.2.2.16

OSX Yosemite (10.10.5)

MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch, Mid-2014

Nov 18, 2015 3:12 AM in response to burritomissiles

This was still happening to right now; skipping every 2-3 minutes infact; and after snooping around for a while, found an option that says 'skip when shuffling', under playback option for each podcast (right click > get info > options > it should be there) and it was activated, so I selected the set of podcasts I'm listening to and de-activated it. Been listening for the last 15-20 minutes, and no skipping =D

Check it out, might solve the problem.User uploaded file

iTunes v11+. Podcasts skip/jump during playback or do not download.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.