Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Music and Sound section is completely empty after downloading FCPX.

The music and sound section of my FCPX is empty after dowloading the app to my newly purchased Mac Book Pro. On my I7 it has tons of stock music and sound, the laptop seems to be missing this. Any ideas why?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 27, 2013 10:42 PM

20 replies

Oct 28, 2013 1:32 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thank you for your responses. Under additional content there is nothing that can be updated. It does show an update that has 1300 sound effects, but I'm still missing that great library of stock music that comes with FCPX.

I finally found the disc utility, and did the repair permission plus the reboot, but sadly I still have and empty Music and Sound folder in my FCPX.

Oct 28, 2013 7:51 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

There is tons of Music that comes with FCPX. It's on my FCPX that was downloaded on to my I7 desktop. I do see Itunes and Ilife effects. The ambient musical choices seem to be same as they were 10 years ago on Imovie.

There is a huge selection of music listed as APM or Associated Production Music that is on my desktop FCPX, but completely missing on the Mac Book Pro.

The Music and Sound section is completely empty after downloading FCPX.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.