Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my 4GB MBP work with Mavericks and Windows 7 smoothly?

I own a 13", Mid-2010 MacBook Pro with 4GB of RAM and a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. Will this system, given enough hard drive space, be able to run both Windows 7 and the newest OS X Mavericks via Boot Camp without any significant "lag", or effect on performance? I realise it will hurt the performance, but will it effect my ability to use the Mac?

Also, any advice on using Windows 7 with MOUNTAIN LION instead would be great! 🙂

If my specs do not meet the necessary requirements, any advice on upgrades i should need is also much appreciated 🙂

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Boot Camp

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 12:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 12:09 AM

That Mac will work without any problem in Mavericks and Windows 7, as it meets the requirements of both of them. OS X Mavericks improves Mac OS X performance in most Macs, but make a backup of your files before upgrading Mac OS X. The same if you use Mountain Lion, but it's a bit older OS X version.

If you haven't installed Windows 7 yet, follow these steps > http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1636/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_ 10.8.pdf

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2013 12:09 AM in response to TheAslexo

That Mac will work without any problem in Mavericks and Windows 7, as it meets the requirements of both of them. OS X Mavericks improves Mac OS X performance in most Macs, but make a backup of your files before upgrading Mac OS X. The same if you use Mountain Lion, but it's a bit older OS X version.

If you haven't installed Windows 7 yet, follow these steps > http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1636/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_ 10.8.pdf

Will my 4GB MBP work with Mavericks and Windows 7 smoothly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.