Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting iPhone Photos with iOS 7.0.3

I've just updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 7.0.3, and I'm having iPhoto problems with some of the new changes.

Unfortunately I now can't figure out how to delete some photos from my iPhone. I originally took the photos using my iPhone, and they were magically whisked away to my Apple family of devices. I would like to delete some of them from all devices, and can purge them from my Photo Stream, iPhoto (on my MacBook), and Camera Roll (on my iPhone), but a new album called "Events from My Mac" has now appeared in my iPhone's photo albums.

The above mentioned photos are all trapped in this indestructible "Events from My Mac" folder. The folder can't be deleted, nor can any photos in the folder be deleted. I've tried re-synching with iTunes after un-checking the option to sync photos (i.e. I was expecting all photos on the phone to be deleted). No luck. I also searched the iPhone's settings and tried to find an option for deleting all photos on the phone. No luck there either.

Does anyone know how to delete this "Events from My Mac" folder, any individual files within? If not, does anyone know how to wipe my phone clear of all photos? Afterwards I'll just re-sync with my Photo Stream.

Thanks for reading,

Dave

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 12:29 AM

7 replies

Nov 27, 2013 1:59 AM in response to d.a.kelm

Same issue here.
Go to itunes -> iphone -> photos unclick the "sync photos" option. Then itunes asks you if you want "keep" or "delete" the already sync photos from your iphone. Select "delete". It works for me after 5-6 times, finally! All the "Events from my Mac" are gone!

May the Forse be with you and sorry for my weak english.

Apr 10, 2014 12:45 AM in response to _jjules

Thanks, creating an [untitled folder] and synching it solved my problem of removing orphaned sub-folders in my iPhone's Photos>Albums> [Events From My Mac] folder.

To complete removing the [Events From My Mac folder,] just untick the untitled folder, sync it again, and it disappears from Photos>Albums.

Hope that helps.

Deleting iPhone Photos with iOS 7.0.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.