Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto library missing and cannot recreate thumbnail

I cant find iphoto library under the picture folder and so I tried to recreate/repair thumbnails. However, alt+command during the launch of iphoto do not bring up any window for the recreate/repair function 😟. A friend suggested that I reinstall iphoto, I check update and iphoto states that 9.4.3. is the latest (?). Not sure what I shd do now.... to reinstall means I will have to pay for the app? Cos I bought this Mac from someone...

iMac (27-inch Late 2009)

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 4:30 AM

5 replies

Oct 28, 2013 4:41 AM in response to Yer_Man

It is jus a blank screen and at the left top corner showed a iphoto icon and caption is "Which photo library do you want iphoto to use? You can select a photo library........". on the bottom left there is a selection "Other Library" and bottom right is "Create new..". I have tried selecting but nothing will appear... 😟

Oct 28, 2013 7:35 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks Terence for your followup.

Actually I haven't loaded anything in before so it is blank.

I manage to create an iphoto library folder jus now and finally I am seeing the iphoto screen with a side bar.

I can see my device in the side bar and they detected that I hv 4106 photos..

but none of the pic is visible on thumbnails and the loading of the pic stopped and hanged at 147 of 4106 without anything visible in thumbnails at all. What shd I do now?

iphoto library missing and cannot recreate thumbnail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.