Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Theater Sign in to iCloud grayed out

Sign in to iCloud is grayed out in iMovie Theater. I am able to create movies on the iOS app and use the Theater in the app and on the Apple TV. Movies created in iMovie for Mavericks are in the Theater but so far I can only export to iTunes. When selecting 'Sign in to iCloud' in upper right, it opens iCloud from System Preferences and indicates I am already signed in.

Any ideas? Typical teething with new software?

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 5:12 AM

7 replies

Nov 11, 2013 11:19 AM in response to fincher

Hey,

So I fuigured out the problem!

When you click on the message telling you to log inot icloud, It will open up the icloud tab on Sytemt Prefrences. The reason it does not work is beacuse you need to turn on Documents & Data and when the options button comes up click on that. That will show you the types of documents and data is being placed and used from iCloud. Check off the box for iMovie and you should be good to go.

Let me know if that doesnt work..

Ray

Jul 23, 2014 9:16 AM in response to reallongwayround

I was having the same issue. Got the error that "There was a problem reading your movies from iCloud." To fix this I simply unchecked to share iMovie data in the iCloud section "documents and data". Then start up iMovie. I selected the theater tab. In the upper right corner of the window it showed the iCloud symbol with the lightning bolt through it as well as the text "sign in to iCloud". I clicked it, then reselected to allow iMovie to use iCloud and it starting working again. I was able to share something via iMovie to the theater with no hiccups or error messages.

iMovie Theater Sign in to iCloud grayed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.