Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I re-enable/install Bluetooth on my iMac?

After removing Bluetooth visibility or maybe just removing it in toto, I now have found a a use for it. It's not in the System Prefs and a disk-wide Search doesn't return 'bluetooth'. In teh interim I have upgraded t 10.9 but it failed to fill teh gap!

How can I reverse my error and re-install the BT, please?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), VMware, Synergy,

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 7:09 AM

It should be visible in System Preferences, on the line with iCloud and Networking.

if it is not then the safest way to get it back (as you don;t know what you did to remove it) is to re-install the OS. Anything else risks corrupting your system.

6 replies

Oct 28, 2013 12:43 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

Yes, it should be there but it's not, as I said in the OP. Clearly, upgrading does not re-introduce it. I am trying to find a way that doesn't involve a wipe-and-install of the OS. I might try it after my ordered 2TB time Machine replacement disk comes and that priority is settled.

Until then, I am still looking for a way to get Bluetooth back! Are there files that I can extract from my backup of 10.9 install app and then re-home, maybe? Or something easier???

Oct 28, 2013 1:41 PM in response to Gottalight

Gottalight,

It is possible the reason Bluetooth is missing from your system preferences is because you or another user have chosen to hide it. Below is a link to a OS X Daily article that explains how this is done. Either you or another user may have invoked this change therefor making it appear your system does not have Bluetooth System Preferences.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/11/21/hide-system-preference-panels-in-mac-os-x/

How do I re-enable/install Bluetooth on my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.