Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email banner notifications don't work

Upgraded to iOS 7.0.3 last week. I'm now noticing that email banner notifications no longer display on the screen when new emails are received. I checked all my settings, and they are correct. Although I still get audio notifications, the only way to see what email was received is to manually check my email accounts.Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this a new "feature" or is it a bug? Is there a workaround or fix? Help!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 7:20 AM

10 replies

Oct 28, 2013 12:50 PM in response to Karen Ram

Mine work fine, both sound, as well as banner notification and Lock screen preview.

When you mentioned that you reset the phone - was that using "Reset All Settings"?

Are you by any chance using any VIP addresses?

I remember back on iOS 6, when I entered some VIP addresses, I stopped getting email banner notifications, until I deleted those contacts from my VIP list.

Oct 29, 2013 2:50 PM in response to pdroth

Reset All Settings does not wipe the phone. Erase All Content and Settings will wipe the phone.

To be clear, using the Reset All Settings option will not erase apps, will not erase photos or music, and will not erase email.

It will simply set all settings back to "stock" settings.

Ringtones and notifications will be default settings.

Wallpaper, brightness will also be default settings.

Of course you will have to reenter WIFI logon settings, and reset wallpaper.

Oct 29, 2013 7:01 PM in response to Karen Ram

Best of luck!

If you are afraid of losing anything, you can always backup to iTunes first.

Then Reset All Settings or even Erase All Content and Settings to see if the device malfunctions as STOCK.

After that (once you've done all your testing), you can restore the iTunes backup back in.

It's always nice to do this before a Genius Bar appt so that they will know if the product malfunctions "out of the box" so to speak.

Email banner notifications don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.