Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded to Mavericks and iPhoto now my photos and events are missing. The iPhoto legend indicates our 28,000 photos but they are not there and I can't access the library stored on our time machine. How do I restore our photos?

HELP! I upgraded my iMac to Mavericks and I downloaded the most recent iPhoto update and our photos disappeared. The photo menu shows our 28,000 photo count but they will not show and I don't konw how to get them to appear. Also, we have 264 events created in iPhoto and they are missing too because the photos are not there. my appleID is showing up in iPhoto and my wife's appleID was the ID showing previously and perhaps that's the issue??

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 7:01 AM

1 reply

Oct 28, 2013 10:20 AM in response to kinghuey

Apply the two fixes below in order as needed:

Fix #1

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down and rebuild the library.

User uploaded file

2 - run Option #4 to rebuild the database followed by Option #1 if necessary.

Fix #2

Using iPhoto Library Manager to Rebuild Your iPhoto Library

1 - download iPhoto Library Manager and launch.

2 - click on the Add Library button and select the library you want to add in the selection window..

3 - Now that the library is listed in the left hand pane of iPLM, click on your library and go to the Library ➙ Rebuild Library menu option.

4 - In the next window name the new library and select the location you want it to be placed.

5 - Click on the Create button.

Note: This creates a new library based on the LIbraryData.xml file in the library and will recover Events, Albums, keywords, titles and comments but not books, calendars or slideshows. The original library will be left untouched for further attempts at fixing the problem or in case the rebuilt library is not satisfactory.

OT

I upgraded to Mavericks and iPhoto now my photos and events are missing. The iPhoto legend indicates our 28,000 photos but they are not there and I can't access the library stored on our time machine. How do I restore our photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.